OC Center Stage – Segerstrom’s 1st Annual Talent Competition
Finalists compete before a panel of judges
and a live audience for CASH prizes
Saturday, August 24, 2019
Julianne and George Argyros Plaza
Segerstrom Center for the Arts announced today their first- ever county-wide talent competition. The search is on to award the title of “Orange County’s Best”. If you sing, dance, play an instrument, perform in a band, or have a dance crew, Segerstrom wants to talk to you! Give us your best shot, and wow the judges and a live audience!
Beginning, April 1, applications are accepted through www.scfta.org/OCCenterStage, with the deadline to enter on June 1. Ten finalists will be selected to compete in front of a panel of judges on Saturday, August 24 on the Julianne and George Argyros Plaza. The Grand Prize winner will receive $1,000 and the title of “Orange County’s Best”! Second place will be awarded $750, and third place will win $500. In addition, ALL finalists will receive a stipend: solos and duos will receive $150 for performing, and groups of three or more will receive $300.This is your time to shine, Orange County!
OC Center Stage is open to residents of Orange County who are at least eight (8) years old and non-professionals (you may not generate fifty percent (50%) or more of your wages from performing). Full contest rules are available below and on our website. The vision behind our first ever talent competition comes from Jason Holland, VP of Community Engagement, “There is so much incredible talent right here in Orange County!
At Segerstrom Center for the Arts we are committed to working with and supporting local artists. We want them staying in Orange County; living, working and creating in our community. It brings value to our cities, it attracts businesses and it brings us all together! OC Center Stage is another forum for us to shine a light on the diverse wealth of artists in our area and will hopefully serve to inspire and propel these artists further towards their goals.”
Segerstrom Center for the Arts is an acclaimed arts institution as well as a beautiful multi-disciplinary cultural campus. It is committed to supporting artistic excellence, offering unsurpassed experiences and to engaging the entire community in new and exciting ways through the unique power of live performance and a diverse array of inspiring arts-based education and community engagement programs.
In addition to Segerstrom Center for the Arts as a presenting and producing institution, it also identifies the beautiful 14-acre campus that embraces the Center’s own facilities as well as two independently acclaimed organizations: Tony Award®-winning South Coast Repertory and a site designated as the future home of the Orange County Museum of Art.
Grand Prize- $1,000
2nd Place- $750
3rd Place- $500
Apply electronically beginning April 1, 2019
Entry deadline: June 1, 2019
All who enter must commit to the following schedule:
Sound check/rehearsal: August 24, 2019, 4:00pm
Performance: August 24, 2019, 7:00-8:30pm
Submissions will be judged by the following criteria:
• Technical ability
• Audience appeal
Guidelines and Additional Information:
• There is no cost to enter.
• Complete an electronic application form and provide a video link per piece entered.
• Applications are accepted via www.scfta.org/OCCenterStage
• A maximum of two (2) entries are allowed per performance group or individual. Separate electronic forms and video file are required per piece entered. All files must be clearly labeled with the performer’s name and title of the performance piece.
• Maximum length of performance piece- six (6) minutes.
• Incomplete materials or those exceeding the time limit will not be processed.
• The video file must contain only the piece being entered. No exceptions.
• If your entry is selected you will be contacted no later than July 1, 2019.
Small Group/Ensemble- $300
• Ten (10) finalists will be chosen. Finalists will compete and perform before a panel of judges in front of a live audience at Julianne and George Argyros Plaza in a performance on Saturday, August 24, 2019.
• The winner will be announced on the evening of the performance.
• All performers must:
Be at least eight (8) years of age.
Reside within Orange County.
Be non-professionals, i.e. you may not generate fifty percent (50%) or more of your wages from performing.
• Performances must be totally self-contained.
• A piano/keyboard, drum kit, microphones, padded Marley floor, and sound system will be provided by Segerstrom Center for the Arts.
• Props are permissible; however, the placement of the props must not interfere with the flow of the performance. All props must clear the stage immediately following the performance. No littering of the stage is allowed.
Admission – FREE
Online – SCFTA.org
Phone – (714) 556-2787
From 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily
Information provided is accurate at the time of printing but is subject to change. Segerstrom Center for the Arts is a public, non-profit organization. “Segerstrom Center for the Arts” is a registered trademark.
Share This Post
Sign up for our mailing list.