Recital: What to Expect
With every student being highly encouraged to participate in the upcoming Fall Into Music Recital, there are bound to be questions. Students performing in their first recital are especially likely to be curious about what to expect. Hopefully, the following tips will address those questions and curiosities.
- Each student should try to memorize his/her piece. That being said, when recital day arrives, sheet music can be used if necessary.
- Recommended attire is “Sunday’s Best”.
- Please arrive at the venue 20-30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time in order to have the chance to warm up and become familiar with the theater.
- According to the pre-determined order, each student will introduce him/herself by announcing his/her name and the name of the performance piece.
- After concluding the performance, students should give a proud, confident bow or curtsy and return to their seats in the audience.
Please visit the link below to view live video footage from last year’s Fall Recital. We are looking forward to this year’s event, it is sure to create memories!
“You are the music while the music lasts.” – T.S. Eliot