Spring Recital Quiz Results
And the results are in…
From the following, which do you prefer:
- Most of The Music Abode students prefer playing music at home rather than in a music studio, outdoors, or at a live performance. What gives?! You were all performing live for the spring recital, we were sure that would be the top answer, hmmm…
- It was a close call, but most of you enjoy listening to music in your room rather than the car or at a live performance. One would assume nothing beats seeing your favorite song performed live, but there is something personal about experiencing music in your own room.
- Of course our students prefer playing music to listening, but there were a few votes for listening as well!
How well do you know your stringed instruments?!
- A ukulele has 4 strings – all students answered correct for this one, except one gave a guess of 5 strings, just a near miss on that one!
- Most students answered correctly, a guitar has 6 strings. Although there were a few answers for 4 and 5 strings. A bass guitar does have 4 strings and there are also some 12 string guitars out there!
- A violin has 4 strings – most of you guessed correctly on this one, with a few 6 and 8 string responses. That would be fun if violins had a bigger range with additional strings!
- A full size piano has 88 keys, each note has 2 strings attached to it, but the lower, bass clef notes have 3 strings for each note. A lot goes into the sounds created from the piano, a total of 230 strings for the average grand piano! There were 3 correct answers, also 3 answers for no strings! And all other guesses fell in between: 51, 60, 64, 84, 1,000!
Share This Post
Sign up for our mailing list.