Upcoming Recital Tips
Many of our students are seasoned veterans when it comes to performing at Curtis Theatre. Just to review, and also for our new performers, here’s what to expect:
- Have your song memorized and pretend rehearse for your performance. Also practice introducing your: name, age, and song title.
- Practice how to play or sing through mistakes. All performers make mistakes, it takes practice to learn how to play through them so the audience doesn’t notice.
- Arrive 15-20 minutes early to pick up your name tag, fill out the student quiz, and get comfortable seating. Vocalists can also use this time to warm up in the green room
- If you do get lost in your song or make a mistake, its okay to start over. Everyone loves a “comeback story”!
- Flowers will be for sale before and after the show for $5
- Kala Ukulele starter kits, originally 84.99 will be on sale at the show for $64.99
- Nothing is free these days, but we don’t want you to spend a fortune to have family come support these talented students! Unfortunately, we do have costs for auditorium space, lighting and sound staff, and materials. If you are able, we please ask for donation so we can continue to make recitals available for all students, family, and friends. There are options to donate online, but you can also leave a donation at the table before and after the show. Thank you all for your support!
- All students receive a special performance ribbon award
- Cookies, treats, and waters in reception area to follow
Also recommended, nearby there are lots of great restaurants and shopping. Depending on your recital time, you may want to make reservations for before or after your show to celebrate!